Ginger biscuit layer:
- 200g ginger biscuits
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp active collagen
Caramel Date Layer:
- 2 cups soaked + pitted dates (soaked for a minimum of 1 hour in hot water)
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Active Collagen All-In-One powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
White Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp full-fat canned coconut cream
- Create the Gingerbread biscuit layer: add ginger biscuits, shredded coconut, olive oil, maple syrup and active collagen powder to a high-speed blender and blend on high until just combined.
- Line a square baking tin with baking paper and press the gingerbread biscuit layer into the tin. Set aside in the freezer.
- Meanwhile, create the caramel date layer: add soaked dates, peanut butter, collagen powder, vanilla extract and sea salt to a blender or food processor and blend for 3-5 minutes or until very well combined and a thick caramel is formed.
You may need to use the tamper to push ingredients towards the blade and assist in blending.
- Remove the gingerbread base from the freezer and evenly spread the caramel date sauce over the base using the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Finally, melt white chocolate chips, once just melted stir in quickly cold coconut cream until the white chocolate thickens. Spread white chocolate topping over the caramel layer and sprinkle over sea salt. Place the tin in freezer overnight or until the caramel and chocolate have set.
- Slice into small squares, serve and enjoy! store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freezer for 3 months.