Base Layer —
- 3/4 cup almond meal (85g)
- 1 1/2 scoop (40g) macro Mike salted caramel protein powder
- 2 tbsps Active Collagen All-In-One powder
- 1/4 cup sf maple syrup (60ml)
- 1 tbs coconut oil (melted) (20g)
Caramel Layer —
- 1/4 cup almond butter (60g)
- 1 tbs coconut oil (20g)
- 1/3 cup sf maple syrup (85g)
- Pinch of salt (1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (soaked for at least 4-12 hours) (85g)
Chocolate Layer —
- 150g chocolate (melted)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp sf maple
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare a small square or rectangle baking tin by lining the base with baking paper. Set aside.
- Add all base layer ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well together with a wooden spoon until a dough like consistency is formed.
- Press the dough into the prepared tin using a spatula and set aside in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, create the caramel layer. Add all caramel layer ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until a thick, creamy caramel is formed.
- Remove base from fridge and spoon and smooth caramel layer on top of the base. Place into freezer.
- Lastly, create your chocolate melt layer. There are two options for this layer – 1. Melt chocolate using desired method
- Or 2. Create a chocolate sauce using cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and almond butter. Whisk well together until smooth and combined.
- Spread chocolate sauce melt layer over the caramel and place into freezer for at least 1 hour to allow chocolate to set.
- Remove from freezer, slice into 12 equal slices and top with sea salt. Serve and enjoy, or store in freezer for up to 3 months!